Saturday, February 20, 2010

Old and New...

So today I was cleaning out a few boxes in my creative space and I discoved an old set of reference manuals - the covers of these books were super unattractive, they just begged to be covered, so I set out to do just that. It was so easy and I think it makes for a nice presentation. One of the books contained quotes so I thought I'd make use of that one by pulling the binding off and then I tied the pages together with some cotton string. To cover the books, I used some beautiful paper (Stampin' Up!) designed by my friend, and former co-worker, Patti. I love that I've taken these books that would have gone in the trash and made them into something really great to look at. I will use the loose pages for die-cuts and punches. If you look carefully you can see some of the punched pieces scattered about. I hope this will inspire you to look at old things in new ways. Happy Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment